[Michlib-l] Registration Open- 11am ET On 8/21- Libraries in Response: Outside-in(ternet) and Inside-out(doors)

Shannon White - Library of Michigan whites29 at michigan.gov
Tue Aug 18 16:42:54 EDT 2020

The Pandemic is accelerating an already fast moving trend in digitalization and virtual environments. How does this trend impact library planning for its physical presence and spaces?

Listen to our speakers as we discuss these ideas Friday, August 21 at 11 am Eastern.

Webinar Registration Open http://giglibraries.net/page-1712339

Speakers:

•       John Bracken, Executive Director, Digital Public Library of America - Emerging trends for digitalization. The DPLA is an online collection of over 36 million free digital materials from libraries, archives and museums. Its digital exhibitions and primary sources cover everything from the 1918 influenza pandemic to the golden age of comic books.

•       Stephen Abram, Executive Director of the Federation of Ontario Public Libraries.   Libraries expanding delivery of services out in communities. FOPL represents Ontario’s over 400 public library systems exceeding 1,000 branches in virtually every Ontario community. Over 5 million Ontario residents make hundreds of millions of visits to the library, in person and virtually, every year.

This virtual discussion is part of the "What is a Library if the Building is Closed?" series from Gigabit Libraries. Learn more at http://giglibraries.net/page-1712339

This is not a LM event, please visit the website above for more information and details.

Shannon

Shannon White
Library of Michigan, 702 W. Kalamazoo, Lansing, MI 48909
Whites29 at michigan.gov<mailto:Whites29 at michigan.gov>  517-335-1507 | www.mi.gov/libraryofmichigan<http://www.mi.gov/libraryofmichigan>