[Michlib-l] Student E-resource Library Cards

Jonesville District Library jonesville at monroe.lib.mi.us
Mon Aug 31 11:29:05 EDT 2020

Good morning everyone!
My library is working with our local public school system to set up student E-resource Library Cards.  These cards will allow students to access our online resources but not check actual items out from our library (students can come with their parent to get a regular library card for item check outs).  We are looking at handing out roughly 1500 E-resource library cards.

If your library already has an E-resource library card program set up with local schools, I am looking for the following information:
Do you assign cards to individual students using a simple registration?
or Do you assign the cards generically to the school?
If you assign the cards to individual students, do you set an expiration date (graduation date)?

Any info or advice will be gladly accepted and appreciated.
I will send out an email with information and responses for everyone else considering this option.

Thanks,
-Laura Orlowski, director
Jonesville District Library
jonesville at monroe.lib.mi.us