[Michlib-l] Book Club Questions

Rebecca Higgerson rhiggerson at brandonlibrary.org
Mon Dec 7 12:44:29 EST 2020

Hello everyone!

If you host a book club at your library or you belong to a book club or
you’re a solo, reflective reader, please consider the information below.  A
group of Canadian friends (Windsor area high school literacy coaches) have
created bookmarks to enhance and encourage deeper discussions.  The
bookmarks are attractive, sturdy, and make for great conversation!

Thanks,

*Rebecca Higgerson*

Director

Brandon Twp Public Library

304 South Street

Ortonville MI 48462

248-627-1474

*ENGAGE • EDUCATE • ENRICH • EMPOWER*

*No Reservation Recommendations: your source for colleague-approved
vendors!*

https://nrr.ninja/

[image: RH Email Signature-100]

A *Beautiful Words* bookmark is more than just a bookmark!

*Beautiful Words* is the first company to carefully craft and curate
bookmark questions that facilitate meaningful reflection and conversations
about books.  These bookmarks offer questions that go beyond a specific
book, allowing readers to use the bookmark as a framework for thinking and
talking about books across a genre. Tucking a *Beautiful Words* bookmark
inside a book encourages readers to reflect on their “in-the-moment”
reading experiences and serves as a handy conversation guide.

*Beautiful Words* offers a line of bookmarks that cater to a range of
reading audiences based on their purpose for reading:

   - *Book Banter* when reading literary fiction
   - *Beach Book Banter* for conversations about lighter books
   - *Kids’ Book Banter* to spark the imaginations of young readers
   - *Professional Book Banter* to help teams reflect, grow, and ignite
   personal and professional change

We believe that everyone has a right to be literate. As high school
literacy coaches and colleagues who have a penchant for education, good
books, and lively conversation, our *Beautiful Words* company connects our
passion with purpose. For every *Beautiful Words* bookmark sold, 10% of the
proceeds go to the *WindsorEssex Community Foundation* to support reading
and literacy programs for vulnerable populations.

We would love to get our bookmarks in the library communities and into the
hands of more readers!

Website: https://www.wearebeautifulwords.ca/

Email: hello at wearebeautifulwords.ca

Instagram Account: https://www.instagram.com/wearebeautifulwords/

(@wearebeautifulwords)

*READ. REFLECT. CONNECT.*

*We believe in the power of words and stories – one book, one reader, one
community at a time. *