[Michlib-l] Invitation to Participate: "Racial Equity Task Force Survey" Research Study

Shannon White - Library of Michigan whites29 at michigan.gov
Wed Dec 16 08:54:54 EST 2020

Sending on behalf of the survey team.  Please see below.

Calling all academic and public library staff:

We are Kristyn Caragher and Tatiana Bryant, two researchers from the University of Illinois at Chicago (UIC) and University of California Irvine (UCI). Through our research study "Racial Equity Task Force Survey" we are interested in assessing public and academic libraries racial equity efforts, employees' perceptions of those efforts, as well as employees' experience with racial equity and inequity within their library.

The research study is also connected to the Building Cultural Proficiencies for Racial Equity Framework Task Force, a joint effort of the Association of College and Research Libraries (ACRL), the Association of Research Libraries (ARL), the American Library Association's Office for Diversity, Literacy and Outreach Services (ODLOS), and the Public Library Association (PLA).

If you currently work in an academic or public library, or have in the past five years, in the United States or Canada and are 18 years and older, we invite you to take the survey on racial equity efforts in public and academic libraries.

The survey is expected to take about 20 minutes to complete and participation in the survey is completely voluntary. If you decide to participate in the study, you are free to withdraw anytime while you are taking the survey. You have the right to not answer a particular question in addition to withdrawing from the survey. Please note that If you complete the anonymous survey and then submit it to us, we will be unable to extract the anonymous data should you wish it to be withdrawn.  No personally identifiable information will be collected and all responses will be kept confidential. Confidentiality will be maintained to the degree permitted by the technology used. Your participation in this online survey involves risks similar to a person's everyday use of the Internet.

If you would like to participate in the study, please follow the link: https://uic.ca1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_1OpqVDcOwVuAHQ1<https://gcc01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fuic.ca1.qualtrics.com%2Fjfe%2Fform%2FSV_1OpqVDcOwVuAHQ1&data=04%7C01%7CWhiteS29%40michigan.gov%7C576664cb5ead483045ec08d8a1c7ed47%7Cd5fb7087377742ad966a892ef47225d1%7C0%7C0%7C637437227338793072%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&sdata=wmA3sxuIQwbmnoU4GCRCG0cUIXsvxGaj%2F9fLhk9BSNQ%3D&reserved=0>

If you have any concerns or questions about the study, please reach out to Kristyn Caragher at caraghe2 at uic.edu<mailto:caraghe2 at uic.edu> or Tatiana Bryant at tatianab at uci.edu<mailto:tatianab at uci.edu>

Thank you for your consideration!

Sincerely,

Kristyn Caragher and Tatiana Bryant