[Michlib-l] Roseville Public Library - Post for Part-Time Adult Services Librarian and Archivist
Jacalynn Harvey (Roseville Public Library)
jharvey at roseville-mi.gov
Fri Dec 18 14:30:06 EST 2020
The Roseville Public Library is a class V library with a service population of approximately 49,000. The Library was re-established as an Act 164 of 1877 Library in 2012 and is an integral part of the dynamic City of Roseville, located in Macomb County. The library, a member of the Suburban Library Cooperative assists over 70,000 visitors each year with a collection of 100,000 items and a budget of $1,600,000. The archives contain documents, photographs, electronic records and artifacts highlighting the colorful history of Roseville.
POSITION: Part-Time Adult Services Librarian and Archivist
REPORTS TO: Adult Services Coordinator
SALARY: $23.75 - $24.75 per hour, no benefits
HOURS: 28 hours per week including evenings and Saturdays.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Knowledge of current library theories and practices.
* Knowledge of current archival theories and practices.
* Researches and answers reference questions, primarily but not exclusively at the adult reference desk and in the archives.
* Knowledge of popular reading trends in adults to provide reader’s advisory.
* Assists patrons with technology questions and downloading digital content.
* Creates, plans, implements and promotes innovative adult programs and programs promoting the archives.
* Actively goes into the community to solicit donations of archival materials.
* Provides creative social media content to promote the adult services area and the archives.
* Develops materials to promote the successful use of the archives.
* Adds content to the local history database.
* Assists with grant writing and other fund-raising efforts.
* Participates in staff meetings, workshops, conferences and community events.
* Participates in state and local professional organizations and keeps informed about current developments and trends in public library services.
* Receives requests and concerns from patrons. Resolves issues or informs a supervisor.
* Interprets and follows library policies and procedures.
* Maintains a welcoming environment for all.
* Performs related duties and general library work as required.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
* Master’s Degree in Library Science from an ALA accredited college or university with an archival certificate. Applicants must submit proof of degree with application and official transcript at time of interview. Must be able to present a Librarian’s Permanent Professional Certificate from the Library of Michigan.
* Experience working or volunteering in an archives.
* Dependable work habits including punctuality, reliability and flexibility.
* Enthusiasm for public service and a commitment to public service excellence.
* Ability to use library- and archival-related technology, Microsoft Office Suite, social media and mobile devices and instruct patrons of all ages in their use. Ability to create short films for social media is a plus.
* Be able to communicate effectively with co-workers, patrons and other organizations.
* Work as a team to provide exceptional service and innovative programs.
* Embrace change in work environment, procedures and services.
* Good organizational skills; ability to prioritize duties and tasks, work independently and assume responsibility.
* Delivers consistently friendly, attentive, welcoming, high quality customer service to patrons of all ages
* Must possess a valid Michigan Driver’s License with a good driving record (based on City of Roseville standards).
* As a condition of employment, the successful candidate must pass a background check and pre-employment physical.
* The job requires moderate physical exertion such as sitting or standing in one position, viewing a computer screen for long periods and using hands and fingers in activities requiring good coordination and dexterity. The job also requires the physical strength and dexterity to handle up to 50 pounds in weight, transport loaded carts and bend and lift arms overhead.
Send resume, letter of interest, City of Roseville application and proof of degree to:
City of Roseville, Manager’s Office, Human Resources, 29777 Gratiot Avenue, Roseville, MI 48066 or email to vgreen at roseville-mi.gov<mailto:vgreen at roseville-mi.gov> or fax to 586-445-5402. City of Roseville applications are available online at www.roseville-mi.gov.
Posting Date: December 21, 2020. Closing Date: Until filled.
THE CITY DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE
Roseville Public Library
29777 Gratiot Avenue
Roseville, MI 48066
586-445-5407 Library General Information
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 13359 bytes
More information about the Michlib-l