[Michlib-l] Checking in with CADL

Smiley,Trent smileyt at cadl.org
Sun Feb 9 22:43:26 EST 2020

Hello,
Here are some of the cool things going on at CADL.

Blind Date with a Book - We are currently running this popular promotion through February 15. CADL members can check out a title from special displays in our 13 locations for a chance to win a pair of tickets to see My Fair Lady or Wicked at Michigan State University's Wharton Center. This year, members can also download one of the disguised titles from our hoopla collection.  Awareness has been created through our events guide, branch signage, media interviews, online, print, radio and TV ads, including placement in the Oscars.

Print Ad: Attached

TV Ad: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SidFKqhr6G4

Radio Ad: https://audioboom.com/posts/7499977-blind-date-with-a-book

CADL Network - We are excited to announce that our two television shows (CADLcast and CADLtales) are now airing weekly on Lansing's ABC affiliate WLAJ 53 after Good Morning America. CADLcast which is hosted by CADL Executive Director Scott Duimstra is an extension of his podcast and features conversations with community leaders and members of our staff. CADLtales is a storytime show that features our staff sharing stories and songs. Rather than depend on the media to share the CADL story, we are building our own network of influence which includes TV, major events, podcasts and staff written columns that appear regularly in local publications like Capital Area Women's Lifestyle, Between the Lines and Healthy & Fit Magazines. CADL will also use this network to attract high-profile partnerships and generate sponsorship revenue.

CADL Article (written by one of our selectors) : Attached

Segment from CADLtales: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qk1UFWE2vyI&t=31s

Episode of our CADLcast Podcast: https://audioboom.com/posts/7497023-cadlcast-episode-18-former-radio-personality-uses-yoga-to-help-others

Capital Area Reads - The 2020 featured book is There There by Cheyenne and Arapho author Tommy Orange. CADL will be hosting an appearance from Mr. Orange this April.

Trenton M. Smiley
Marketing & Communications Director
Capital Area District Libraries-Administration
401 S. Capitol Ave., Lansing, MI 48933
517-367-6348 | smileyt at cadl.org<mailto:smileyt at cadl.org>
www.cadl.org<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.cadl.org&d=DQMFAg&c=euGZstcaTDllvimEN8b7jXrwqOf-v5A_CdpgnVfiiMM&r=eQ4zwfvICxqHRkdUL5_5Ew&m=10jJJ5KSdHz2-h8X5t1pHUHubNn2DWMq89Hf3-OPD2Y&s=3rbAsyBXjj2NNLBsgfvAFXBIOTtrw486OCi5yA3tUNc&e=> | facebook.com/cadlibrary<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.facebook.com_cadlibrary-3Fref-3Dhl&d=DQMFAg&c=euGZstcaTDllvimEN8b7jXrwqOf-v5A_CdpgnVfiiMM&r=eQ4zwfvICxqHRkdUL5_5Ew&m=10jJJ5KSdHz2-h8X5t1pHUHubNn2DWMq89Hf3-OPD2Y&s=Mh_HT9zWTBaQYNJrkGn5UQkZsHahpNWPo3T1jUZsMTo&e=> | twitter.com/cadl<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.twitter.com_cadl&d=DQMFAg&c=euGZstcaTDllvimEN8b7jXrwqOf-v5A_CdpgnVfiiMM&r=eQ4zwfvICxqHRkdUL5_5Ew&m=10jJJ5KSdHz2-h8X5t1pHUHubNn2DWMq89Hf3-OPD2Y&s=kjEu80TS31ymwngLwD5AH2BEd7u0lbjJEff7iRegUfQ&e=>