[Michlib-l] Results: Determining Residency and Millages for Public Library Cards

Adrianne Schinkai amschinkai at gmail.com
Thu Feb 20 14:52:49 EST 2020

First, I just want to thank everyone for their responses to my questions
about determining residency and what you use besides Fact Finder. You all
gave me a good amount of research and reading, which I appreciate!

Second, here are the requested results…

Overall, besides American FactFinder, there are three websites that
everyone is using to determine the residency of their patrons.

·         Michigan Voter Registration <https://mvic.sos.state.mi.us/Clerk>

·         Kalamazoo County GIS Parcel Viewer
<https://www.kalcounty.com/equalization/parcel_search.php>

·         Census Reporter <http://censusreporter.org>

However, that being said, it has also come to light that none of these
sites are infallible and that it always pays to double check on multiple
sites, just in case.

Another few people also suggested BS&A Online
<https://www.bsaonline.com/?uid=2081>. However, if I’m looking at this
correctly, I have to pay per inquiry. That being said, a few people swore
by it.

I hope this helps everyone as much as it helped me. Have a great rest of
the week and weekend and my sincerest thank you for your time and efforts
on this!

Most sincerely,
--
Adrianne M. Schinkai

   - Head of Reference and Circulation Services
   - Vicksburg District Library, Vicksburg, MI
   - Work Email <aschinkai at vicksburglibrary.org>
   - Personal Email <amschinkai at gmail.com>
   - LinkedIn Account <https://www.linkedin.com/in/amschinkai/>