[Michlib-l] Job Posting: Library Page - Wayne Public Library

Jody Wolak jwolak at wayne.lib.mi.us
Wed Feb 26 14:19:58 EST 2020

The Wayne Public Library is accepting applications for a part-time library page. Please see the attached job posting or text below. We are looking for enthusiastic candidates with a strong attention to detail and great customer service skills who can help us serve our diverse community. Applications are due by Wednesday, March 11 , 2020.

Thank you,
Jody

____________________________

Position: Library Page

Hours: 10-15 hours per week, including days, evenings, and weekends

Location: Wayne Public Library, 3737 S. Wayne Rd., Wayne, MI 48184

Responsibilities:

· Sort and shelve materials in proper order

· Transport and empty large bins inside and outside the library

· Straighten shelves and verify materials are shelved correctly

· Tidy public areas of the library

· Direct patrons to staff members for assistance

· Assist with special projects

· Other duties as assigned

Requirements:

· Strong organizational skills and attention to detail

· Ability to work with the public in a polite and professional manner

· Ability to push or pull carts of books or other materials

· Ability to lift, bend, or stoop in order to sort or shelve materials

· Ability to lift and/or carry objects weighing up to 20 pounds

Wage: $9.65/hr

To apply: Submit an application to:

City of Wayne

Personnel Department

3355 S. Wayne Rd.

Wayne, MI 48184

Applications are available at [ http://www.ci.wayne.mi.us/pdfs/employapp.pdf | http://www.ci.wayne.mi.us/pdfs/employapp.pdf ]

Completed applications are due by Wednesday, March 11, 2020.

-------
Jody Wolak
Director
jwolak at wayne.lib.mi.us