[Michlib-l] Trying to Decide Where to Use a LM Continuing Education Stipend? Try These!

Atkin, Evette (MDE) AtkinE at michigan.gov
Thu Feb 27 11:57:37 EST 2020

Greetings!

Applications for this quarter's Continuing Education Stipends are due by March 31. Trying to decide what event to attend? Past stipend recipients have this to say:

Library Publishing Forum (May 4-6)
This was my fourth time attending this conference and it is always a fantastic mix of both big picture ideas, and practical suggestions on ways to continue to support your library publishing programs, as well as great networking opportunities.

Association for Rural & Small Libraries (ARSL) (September 30-October 3)
The ARSL conference in Vermont was my first time to attend a national small and rural library event and I was very pleased with what I learned and the relationships I established with library personnel from across the country.

This conference was amazing and it was a wonderful experience. I brought home so many new and exciting ideas. I highly recommend the ARSL Annual Conference!

YALSA Symposium (November 6-8)
Each of the sessions I attended proved to be outstanding and left me writing at a frantic pace as I attempted to jot down all the ideas I wanted to implement in my library.

Evette M. Atkin
Continuing Education Consultant
Library of Michigan
atkine at michigan.gov<mailto:atkine at michigan.gov>