[Michlib-l] Patricia Headley joins Library of Michigan Foundation as Chief Development Officer

Kathy Irwin kathy.irwin at gmail.com
Tue Jan 14 14:02:38 EST 2020

The Library of Michigan Foundation announced today that Patricia (Tricia)
Headley has joined the organization as the Chief Development Officer.  As
the Chief Development Officer, Tricia will guide the Foundation’s
development efforts on a statewide basis to support the goals of the
Library of Michigan. The Foundation, which was established in 1985, has
raised over 6 million dollars to support enhanced programs across Michigan
for increased literacy and resource sharing programs.

Dan Arbour, President of the Library of Michigan Foundation, stated, “We
are delighted to have Tricia joining our organization after conducting a
national search for this position.  Her vast experience and knowledge of
working across the state of Michigan, most recently with the Children’s
Trust organization in Lansing Michigan, has given her a tremendous network
of support coming to her new role.  We are extremely pleased that Tricia
has joined the Foundation to work across the state to help build stronger
programs for literacy and library support.”

Randy Riley, State Librarian of Michigan, noted:  “Tricia has been an
outstanding leader within the state for developing innovative programs and
support for the Children’s Trust charity and we look forward to her
engaging with the library community statewide to further our efforts to
support lifelong learning. The Foundation enhances our educational and
resource sharing initiatives, and Tricia will provide a critical engagement
role in working with the community we serve”

Tricia Headley commented, “the Library of Michigan plays such a pivotal
role in providing statewide service to the every corner of the state with
key programs for public, academic and school libraries and resource
centers. I look forward to building upon the successful history of the
Foundation to expand efforts for literacy and library support at the local
level.”

As the Chief Development officer, Tricia will seek partnerships with all
the Friends of Libraries groups and local development organizations to
enhance state and local programs serving our communities.

About the Library of Michigan Foundation
<https://www.libraryofmichiganfoundation.org/>:

The Mission of the Library of Michigan Foundation is to raise funds to
support special programs, services and collections for the Library of
Michigan.  Since the Foundation was established in 1985, it has raised over
6 million dollars through private and corporate donations as a 501C
chartered organization with an independent Board of Directors. Key programs
include early childhood, youth and adult literacy; the Michigan eLibrary
(MeL); access to primary educational resources; special services for the
blind and physically impaired; book sharing and continuing educational
programs for libraries statewide.