[Michlib-l] Announcing the 2020 lineup of History Skills Workshops from the Historical Society of Michigan

HSM Main hsm at hsmichigan.org
Mon Jan 20 15:27:15 EST 2020

 <http://hsmichigan.org/programs/workshops/>

Announcing the 2020 lineup of
History Skills Workshops
from the Historical Society of Michigan

These training opportunities help historical organizations and interested
history advocates gain skills that can be applied in museums, organizations,
and personal collections.

 <http://www.hsmichigan.org/programs/workshops/> Learn more and register on
our website.

See our 2020 lineup of workshops below!

 <http://hsmichigan.org/programs/workshops/>

.         February 7 - Selling History: Operating a Museum Store

.         March 13 - Historical Collections Doubleheader

o   AM - Taming the Chaos and Clutter: Collections Management for Small
Museums

o   PM - Archives 102: Preserving Your Family History

.         April 3 - Fading Photos: How to Identify, Scan, Restore, and
Archive Historical Photographs

.         April 17 - Fading Photos II: Digitizing Your Collections

.         May 1 - Using PastPerfect: Figuring Out Your Collections Software

.         May 29 - Good Governance: Building a Better Board

.         June 12 - Bringing History to Life: Creating Crowd-Pleasing Events
and Programs

.         July 10 - Putting It in Print Doubleheader

o   AM - Telling the Tale: Writing Your History Book

o   PM - Sharing the Tale: Printing Your History Book

.         August 8 - Genealogy Doubleheader

o   AM - Finding Your Family: Genealogy 101

o   PM - Climbing Further Up the Family Tree: Genealogy 201

.         August 28 - Start 'Em Early: Engaging Young Historians

.         September 19 - Raising Funds Doubleheader

o   AM - Bringing in the Bucks: Grant Writing 101

o   PM - Putting the Fun in Fund-raising

.         October 23 - My Old House Doubleheader

o   AM - Respectful Rehabilitation of Your Historic House

o   PM - If These Walls Could Talk: Researching Your Historic House

.         November 6 - Getting Seen and Being Heard: Marketing for Small
Historical Organizations

.         November 20 - Keeping Cemeteries Alive! Preserving Headstones and
Monuments

 <http://www.hsmichigan.org/programs/workshops/> Visit our website for full
descriptions of each workshop.

  _____

 <http://hsmichigan.org/>

  _____

The Historical Society of Michigan is our state's oldest cultural
organization, founded in 1828 by territorial governor Lewis Cass and
explorer Henry Schoolcraft. A nongovernmental nonprofit, the Society focuses
on publications, conferences, education, awards and recognition programming,
and support for local history organizations to preserve and promote
Michigan's rich history.

  _____

For more information on the Historical Society of Michigan, please visit
<http://www.hsmichigan.org/> www.hsmichigan.org or e-mail us at
<mailto:hsm at hsmichigan.org> hsm at hsmichigan.org.

  _____

The Historical Society of Michigan

7435 Westshire Drive . Lansing, MI 48917

Phone: (517) 324-1828 . FAX: (517) 324-4370

Stay tuned!

Our regional workshops that will take place throughout the state in
conjunction with our Michigan History AllianceR meetings will be listed on
our website soon.

Participants can "attend" remotely, if they prefer. If you can watch and
listen to a video on YouTube or Facebook, you have all the technology you
need to join us remotely.* (Remote access is not available for off-site
workshops.)

 <http://www.hsmichigan.org/programs/workshops/> Learn more and register on
our website.

. Workshops are held at the Meijer Center for Michigan History (Home of the
Historical Society of Michigan) 7435 Westshire Dr., Lansing, Michigan.

. If you are a personal member of HSM or represent an organization that
itself is a member of the Society, registration is $39.

. Registration for non-members is $79 and includes a one-year HSM Household
membership.

. New for 2020: Our Doubleheader sessions offer a workshop in the morning
and another in the afternoon on related topics. You can sign up for either
the morning or the afternoon OR register for the whole day, and double your
training experience. HSM members who take both workshops on Doubleheader
days receive a special price of $59! Nonmembers, $118.

. For in-person attendees, refreshments will be available. Lunch is on your
own.

*Instructions on how to remote-in to the workshop will be sent to attendees
several days before each workshop.

 <http://www.hsmichigan.org/programs/workshops/> Visit our website for full
descriptions of each workshop.

This e-mail is sent to our members and friends to keep you updated on
historical activities and opportunities to learn more about our state's
history. To opt-out, please respond to this e-mail with "remove" in the
subject line. If you received this e-mail as part of your participation in
the Michlib-l mailing list (listserv), please follow their removal process.