[Michlib-l] loaning mobile hotspots

Carol Hazelgrove carolyn at bridgmanlibrary.com
Wed Jan 22 18:40:39 EST 2020

Hello Lori,
Here is some of the information we printed up on forms for hotspot use.
Hope this helps answer some of your questions.  The hotspots are a very
popular device for us.

*I. Process for checking out a hotspot: (for the library staff)*
1.  An *Adult* whose account is in good standing and who resides__(Your
City Name___, Township___  that you serve) may check out a hotspot.
2.  When checking out the Hotspot, make sure the device turns on,
everything is inside the case and nothing is damaged.  The case
should contain:

   - Device
   - Power Cord
   - Instructions

3.  Go through the *Mobile Hotspot Policy & Agreement (see below) *with the
borrower.  Borrowers must sign the statement in order to check out the
hotspot.
4.  If requested, make a copy of the signed Hotspot Policy.  Keep the
original and place the copy inside the case.
5.  Stamp the *2 week* stamp on the due date sticker found inside the case
cover.

*II. Mobile Hotspot Policy & Agreement*
Features:
1.  Hotspots can provide WiFi internet access for up to 5 devices.
2.  Hotspots have unlimited data.
3.  WiFi internet access may be established in any location that has a
Sprint Signal.
4..Hotspots are equipped with internet content filtering software.

*Rules:*
1.  Hotspots can only be checked out by patrons *18 years of age or older*
who have a valid BPL resident or paid card with no overdues or unpaid fines.
2.  Hotspots may be checked out *one per household for up to 14 days with
no renewals.*
3.  Hotspots must be *kept in a temperature-controlled environment.  Do not
leave in a car.*
4.  Hotposts must be returned to a staff member at the circulation desk.  *Do
Not return in the dropbox.*
5.  Hotspots should be returned fully charged.
6.  *Overdue Hotspots will be charged at the rate of $5 per day.*
7. * If a hotspot is more than 4 days overdue, service will be canceled*
and the patron charged for a replacement kit.
8.  T*he patron is responsible for costs associated with loss *or damage of
the hotspot and peripherals.

   - *Hotspot unit with power cord - $130.*
   - *Case - $10*

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I have read this entire document and my signature below indicates my
agreement with the above statements.
I agree that the mobile hotspot is in working order upon checkout.

Checkout
Date_______________________________Staff_________________________________
Patron Print
Name:____________________________________Signature________________________________
Patron Barcode:______________________________________Hotspot Number
__________________________
Due Date:_________________________________*_Late Fee is $5.00 per day*

*Return
Date:_______________________________Staff__________________________________*

*III.  Additional Information for staff*

   - Fill out a new form for people rechecking out a hotspot.  As they
   cannot be renewed, patrons need a new form EVERYTIME a hotspot is checked
   out.
   - NEVER leave the hotspot plugged in for extended periods of time.  If
   it is charged, IT MUST BE UNPLUGGED.   If you leave the hotspot plugged in,
   it will damage the battery. It can actually inflate the battery thereby
   destroying it.
   - If you live near a no signal area, it will impact connection to the
   hotspot.

Regards,

Carol Hazelgrove
Administration Assistant
Bridgman Public Library
269-465-3663
carolyn at bridgmanlibrary.com
www.bridgmanlibrary.com/communitycalendar.asp

On Wed, Jan 22, 2020 at 4:34 PM Denise Malevitis <
bridgmanill at bridgmanlibrary.com> wrote:

> I wondered if you wanted to answer this, because you are our Hotspot
> Person 😉
> *Denise O. Malevitis*
> *Bridgman Public Library*
> *Inter Library Loan Department*