[Michlib-l] Political Activities in Public Libraries

Katie Ester esterk at libcoop.net
Wed Jan 29 09:52:39 EST 2020

Hi Clare,

I'm wondering if you can point me to any law or legal opinion on the use
of public libraries for non-partisan political activity. Our Township
would like to come up with a Township-wide policy that would address
this. Specifically, the use of public/municipal buildings for
non-campaigning activities like public forums, meet-and-greets, coffee
hours with your local rep, etc. (My guess is that our Twp is looking to
ban the use of our buildings for such use.)

My thanks,
Katie

--
Katie Ester