[Michlib-l] Newsguard pesentation

Winter, Donna dwinter at livoniapubliclibrary.org
Wed Jan 29 18:37:42 EST 2020

 Hello fellow Michlibers,

Sharing info about this tool for measuring the veracity of news web sites with you all.

 Gabby Deutch from NewsGuard presented their web extension at the TLN Technology Committee meeting last week. Apparently, the power point presentation is too large to include in this message, so if you're interested in learning more, I can email it to you off list. If you're interested in adding the extension to your library computers it's free for libraries and you can contact her about getting connected.
She also sent me a few other attachments specifically about becoming a library partner. If you're interested email me off list.

Visit https://www.newsguardtech.com/ to research it yourself.
[https://www.newsguardtech.com/wp-content/themes/newsguard/imgs/newsguard_share-image.png]<https://www.newsguardtech.com/>

NewsGuard – The Internet Trust Tool<https://www.newsguardtech.com/>
Get the Browser Extension We tell you if a news site is reliable—right in your browser. Install the NewsGuard plugin in your Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox, or Apple Safari browser.; You’ll see red and green NewsGuard rating icons next to news links on search engines and social media feeds, such as Google, Bing, Facebook and Twitter.
www.newsguardtech.com

We've been testing it out at our reference desk and I like that it is unobtrusive, but readily available when you want it.  --- there's an icon to the right of the "favorites" star on the chrome browser.

Donna

Donna Winter
Assistant Branch Librarian
Livonia Public Library