[Michlib-l] Bridge Training Short Compilation

Tracy Logan logant at cadillaclibrary.org
Fri Jan 31 14:45:16 EST 2020

Hello All,

I received more requests to share info than I did actual info :) but here
it is:

"I participated in online Bridge training several years ago.  We were
supposed to assist people apply for assistance through DHS at the
libraries’ computers.  The trainers assured us that if you make a mistake
with someone’s application, the error can be easily corrected.  I found out
this was not the case and that errors made while applying can cause huge
complications to the applicant that delays access to services.  I would
proceed with caution.  It is also difficult to get anyone on the phone to
receive technical assistance if you do catch a problem with the
application."

"I started the process about a year ago. But I quit because they wanted my
social security number, my personal cellphone number, my home address,
etc., etc. I felt it was too much to ask unless they were going to outright
employ me. So I backed off. The benefit I do have is that I now see all
their emails. They kept me on their mailing list. I see copies of the
letters they are sending to clients. I see the requirements they have for
their clients. I find that information useful."

So, two not great experiences. If someone has had a positive experience,
please share.

Thank you all for your wisdom and willingness to help each other.
Librarians are the coolest.

--
Tracy Logan
Library Director