[Michlib-l] Upper Peninsula Job Opportunities

Lisa Waskin lisaw at uproc.lib.mi.us
Fri Jul 3 13:20:02 EDT 2020

The Superior District Library has several job opportunities available for
those seeking to get away from it all.  Come join our team and find out why
the Yooper lifestyle is the best.

The Brevort Township Library is seeking a part-time (20-25 hours per week)
Library manager to run this vital community hub.  Located in the town of
Moran, the library is currently open four days a week in this summertime
paradise near the lakes.  Or if winter is your thing, this wooded area is
criss-crossed with snowmobile and skiing trails.

Or if you're seeking a more "urban" way of life, the Bayliss Public Library
located in Sault Ste. Marie has two openings.  The first is a full-time
position with benefits as the Head of Circulation.  This position includes
duties for the entire Superior District Library as well, and does require
some travel between locations.  Your work week is approximately 35 hours a
week, with Sundays and Mondays off, so plenty of time to enjoy the beautiful
Upper Peninsula.

The second is as a part-time assistant bookkeeper for the Superior District
Library, working out of the Bayliss Library location.  The position is
approximately 15-20 hours a week, and are fairly flexible.

The last position is at the amazing, nationally ranked, Pickford Community
Library.  This position is part-time, approximately 15-20 hours per week,
with every Sunday and Monday off.  The Pickford Library has been ranked in
the Scholastic Summer Reading challenges top 5 libraries for the past
several years, winning first place in 2018.  You will be working with a
dynamic, new Manager, and we be in on the ground floor of a new building
project.  Very exciting times at Pickford.

For more information about any of these fantastic opportunities, please
contact me, Lisa Waskin, as lisaw at uproc.lib.mi.us
<mailto:lisaw at uproc.lib.mi.us>  or by phone at (906) 632-9331 x. 0.  Or if
you are ready to make a move, please send me a cover letter and resume to my
email, lisaw at uproc.lib.mi.us <mailto:lisaw at uproc.lib.mi.us> .

We look forward to hearing from YOU!

Lisa Waskin, Director

Superior District Library