[Michlib-l] Program suggestion

Kate Brown kbrown at cmpl.org
Tue Jul 7 11:13:01 EDT 2020

Hello,

On June 24th our Library hosted a very special guest over Zoom - Abraham Lincoln! Of course this was actually Lincoln scholar and look-alike, Kevin Wood. Mr. Wood offers 14 different talks on Lincoln. I opted for Abraham Lincoln as Storyteller. This was an amusing presentation that showcased Lincoln's sense of humor and his use of anecdotes and jokes in speeches and conversations. Kevin Wood has an impressive knowledge of Lincoln and was able to answer quite specific questions on a couple of rather obscure matters. He's comfortable with Zoom, uses backdrops of the White House, as it appeared in Lincoln's time, and Lincoln's presidential office and he does the talk in character, dressed as Lincoln. I appreciated the ease of working with Kevin Wood. He responded quickly to emails and was flexible (and gracious) when I rescheduled the program. Really an enjoyable experience and quality program! Contact and program information is available at www.mrlincoln.com.

Best regards,

Kate Brown
Adult Non-Fiction
Clinton-Macomb Public Library