[Michlib-l] Welcome stations for libraries open to the public

Kelli Perkins kperkins at herrickdl.org
Fri Jul 10 10:19:54 EDT 2020

We added a podium and a stool to our entry way. We have handmade masks available for those who do not have one and we placed them on the entry way bench because it is handy. There is a large sign outside the front door indicating the new rules.

We have provided staff with a mask, and a face shield.

Each person entering is greeted by a staff member behind the podium.

Each person who is not wearing a mask is asked to either produce one or take one of ours before entering.

Each person entering or leaving is counted (small manual keychain counter) so that we maintain the total number of patrons in the building.

So it's a simple operation. Podium, staff member, masks, counter.

We also have hand sanitizer and wipes for the staff member to prepare the station for the next person.

We have provided staff with a mask and a face shield.

[cid:e3774a48-7302-4d49-a135-78e1cdbeb9a6]

Kelli Perkins
Collection & Digital Resources Manager
Herrick District Library
300 S River Ave, Holland MI 49423