[Michlib-l] Speaker Recommendation

Katie Rothley krothley at lyon.lib.mi.us
Wed Jul 15 14:28:26 EDT 2020

Dear Michlib-l,

I want to highly recommend Kathryn Remlinger as a presenter. She is a Professor at Grand Valley State University and an author.

We recently hosted her through Zoom, this past Monday, for a talk on Michigan's Upper Peninsula and the history/formation of its dialect ("Yooper Talk"). She was incredibly knowledgable, delightful, and answered every question our audience asked in our Zoom chat once she finished her presentation. We had about 60 people register and about 40 attend online. There was even a local article written about Kathryn's presentation for us, in the U.P.!

The presentation, in total, took about an hour and 15 minutes. We were very pleased with the content and attendance. Kathryn and I did a practice Zoom session about a week in advance, for about 15-20 minutes. She was wonderful to work with; I will definitely be inviting her back at some point in the future.

Kathryn, or Kate, can be reached by email, here: [ mailto:remlingk at gvsu.edu | remlingk at gvsu.edu ]

Katie Rothley, MLIS
Marketing & Outreach Librarian
Lyon Township Public Library