[Michlib-l] Election Worker Recruitment

Reinhardt, Sarah (MDOS) ReinhardtS at michigan.gov
Tue Jul 7 16:36:32 EDT 2020

Greetings,
I hope you and yours are well! I'm writing to see if Libraries in Michigan can help spread the word about our state's need for election workers. Democracy is a team sport, and on Election Day poll workers are democracy's most valuable players. Because of the current COVID-19 crisis, local clerks statewide are facing poll worker shortages. Clerks rely on election workers and we have seen the impact of poll worker shortages during elections in other states - election workers are critical to the running of safe, smooth and fair elections.
To recruit new and effective poll workers, we launched the Democracy MVP<http://www.michigan.gov/democracyMVP> initiative. With your help, we hope Michiganders from across the state will answer this call to action.
Libraries in Michigan is a community leader and our office would be grateful to partner with you and your members and community to help spread the word about Democracy MVP election worker recruitment. Let me know if this is something you are open to and we can continue discussions on how to raise awareness about this paid opportunity.
Thank you so much for your time. You can learn more at Michigan.gov/DemocracyMVP<http://www.Michigan.gov/democracyMVP>.
Kindest regards,
Sarah
Sarah Reinhardt
Departmental Analyst
Michigan Department of State
Secretary of State Jocelyn Benson
ReinhardtS at Michigan.gov<mailto:ReinhardtS at Michigan.gov>