[Michlib-l] Are you billing unreturned items from COVID?

AW Rachel Koehne wayrk at llcoop.org
Thu Jul 23 15:33:58 EDT 2020

Hi everyone-

I wanted to reach out about how your Circulation managers are handling billing of items from the past few months. Typically we allow a patron to have a "claimed returned" on their account for an item they say was returned properly but that staff cannot find on the shelf. What are your plans for (multiple) items that patrons will claim they have returned/ items damaged/ missing pieces from March-now? I definitely understand forgiving bills because of the circumstances and would like to offer as much grace to patrons as possible, but also want a plan in place if a portion of our collection never finds a way back to our shelves.

Thank you in advance!

Rachel Koehne
Circulation Supervisor
Henika District Library