[Michlib-l] MI Symptoms--free entry screening for employers

Rebecca Higgerson rhiggerson at brandonlibrary.org
Tue Jul 28 13:49:06 EDT 2020

Hi everyone,

I’m forwarding this information on to all of you in the event that you may
have missed this wonderful, free program that provides entry screening for
employers.  We have been using it at Brandon Library since we returned to
work and we are thrilled with the results.  We do not have to ask staff the
required COVID-19 questions at the back door, because they do it from their
phones or from home before they come into the library.  I then get daily
email reports that I can print out for the required record-keeping.  I am
not aware of any colleagues who might be using the system, so I asked the
MI Symptoms team if I could send this out because I’m a huge advocate for
anything that is free, saves time, easy to use, and will automatically
change when the requirements change.  If you have any questions, feel free
to reach out to them at the email below.

Thanks,

Rebecca

MI Symptoms is a *free* online tool built with leading public health
experts to help organizations screen their members for COVID-19 symptoms.
MI Symptoms was built to help employers fulfill the symptom entry screen
mandate and keep business across Michigan safe by the State of Michigan
Department of Health and Human Services and the University of Michigan. Our
public health experts consult expert agencies across the country to keep
these algorithms as up to date as possible. MI Symptoms help to keep the
entire community safe, and keeps user data secure in the process *(privacy
policy) <https://misymptomapp.state.mi.us/privacy>.*

Any organization can sign up to use MI Symptoms for all of their employees,
facilities, and/or departments free of charge. First, complete the* MI
Symptoms Employer Sign-Up form
<https://umich.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_9LAtJp6919p4uqh>*once per
facility/department. You will receive a unique employer code upon filling
this out, and are able to sign up for separate employer codes in any way
best for your organization - i.e. per department, section, facility, shift,
etc. Employees can then sign up for a MI Symptoms account using this
designated employer code. The administrator(s) for each employer code will
receive a daily report and access to additional employer features.

For more detail:

http://misymptomapp.state.mi.us/

MI Symptoms FAQ <https://misymptomapp.state.mi.us/faq>

Employer Resource Guide
<https://www.michigan.gov/documents/coronavirus/Employer_Resource_Guide_693340_7.pdf>

For more questions about MI Symptoms or EO-145, contact
MISymptomsHelp at umich.edu