[Michlib-l] FOL Question During COVID-19

Valerie Meyerson vmeyerson at petoskeylibrary.org
Tue Jul 28 14:09:06 EDT 2020

We are accepting donations – but are being more picky than normal. We are a Class IV library in northern Michigan.

·         We go out to cars to examine the books before they come into the building.

·         If they pass inspection, they go into quarantine. We have a quarantine area in our storage room for donations. They get labeled the same as our books. We are currently on a 3 day quarantine, and are considering a 4 day.

·         Our Friends are coming in one at a time – they have a schedule – to process the donations and get them shelved. This is working well and makes distancing very easy.

·         The booksale room is open and books are available to purchase, same as the library books are available to checkout.

Valerie Meyerson, Library Director
Petoskey District Library