[Michlib-l] New Opportunities in Adult Programming, Monday, June 1 at 10:00 am Eastern

Shannon White - Library of Michigan whites29 at michigan.gov
Mon Jun 1 06:29:22 EDT 2020

Our virtual meeting, New Opportunities in Adult Programming, is back after our Memorial Day holiday.  Please join us at 10:00 am on Monday, June 1 to hear about how one library is moving into virtual programming and what they are doing around this new service opportunity from online baking programs, to self-care with a local therapist, and also moving into virtual program collaboration with neighboring libraries.

Alyson Lobert, Director of Commerce Township Community Library, will be our guest on Monday, June 1.  She will talk about how her library is working with virtual programming as an opportunity rather than a replacement and the successes they have found with the availability of virtual presenters for online programs that were otherwise prohibitively expensive to have in-person.  Alyson will delve into making the new virtual experiences more interactive with participant engagement and how the library reached out to the community to find out what they want in the future and how their opinions may differ from what you expect.

You can always find our meeting notes from each week's virtual meeting in this Google folder https://bit.ly/lm-adult (includes chat logs).  You can also find recordings for each week in this document. We will save the recordings to the cloud for a few weeks each. If you missed an earlier one you can find a recordings there for a few weeks.

We use the same connection links every week so join us either online or by phone at:
https://michigan-host.zoom.us/j/98381393043?pwd=YkJJUkdGZFV5VEVvckVJY3g3R3huUT09     Password: 340524
Telephone: 216 706 7005 OR 8664345269 (US Toll Free) Conference code: 579192

Let us know if you have questions. See you this morning.

Shannon White
Library of Michigan, 702 W. Kalamazoo, Lansing, MI 48909
Whites29 at michigan.gov<mailto:Whites29 at michigan.gov>  517-335-1507 | www.mi.gov/libraryofmichigan<http://www.mi.gov/libraryofmichigan>
Schedule: Tue-Fri, 8-5