[Michlib-l] Hotspots & Mobile devices

Hartford Public Library hartfordlibrary2000 at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 4 08:49:04 EDT 2020

Dear Libraries,
I asked about hotspots and circulating computers in libraries. Some libraries went with T-Mobile hotspots at $38 a month. They say their is a government program. Most libraries that responded are using Mobile Beacon via Tech Soup. One library is using Sprint hotspot via Tech Soup for $1,200 a year for 10 devices. A library bought Chromebooks for library use but patrons prefer the desk top computers. They are considering loaning the chromebooks with using G-suite to set up and can disable the device if it is not returned.
These were my responses. If anyone has other suggestions or advice, please advise.
Regards,Stephanie DanielsDirectorHartford Public Library