[Michlib-l] Program Recommendation

Dee Beaver deebeaver at me.com
Fri Jun 5 09:24:06 EDT 2020

Hi all—

I would like to recommend Kevin Wood, a professional Lincoln presenter, to other libraries. We hosted him through a Zoom presentation last night.  I have attached a Word document with his promotional information.  He also allowed us to stream the event live on Facebook and to archive the video for one week after the event in order to broaden our reach.

Mr. Wood is looking to expand his presence in Michigan. He shared this with me,
Michigan is  "where I grew up (until age 12), where I went to college (a little school up in East Lansing), and where my wife and I still have a lot family (including in Walled Lake and Troy).  We’re actually hoping to re-locate back to Michigan in another year or two.  The timing for all this would seem to be good because there was another longtime Lincoln presenter in the Detroit area, Fred Priebe, who has recently had to retire due to severe illness.”

Here is some feedback I received from patrons on the program:

"This was one of best library programs (if not THE BEST) we've ever "been" to!  And we've come to a LOT of library programs.  He was AMAZING!!!!!  I watched it with my 15 year old son and it was the very best way to learn about history!!!!”

"It was a thoroughly enjoyable hour - so well done! I don't know the name of the gentleman playing Mr.Lincoln, but I'd like him to know that I felt transported back in time as he spoke about "his" life and times. Also, he was very adroit at staying in character while answering the questions. It was great fun!”

"Just finished presentation. It was excellent. I would like to see his other presentations on Lincoln in the future if possible.”

Dee Beaver
Adult Services Librarian
Plymouth District Library
223 S. Main Street
Plymouth, MI 48170
734-453-0750 <callto:734-453-0750> ext 205