[Michlib-l] Summer Library Programming 2020 update - Imagine Your Story

Lancaster, Cathy (MDE) LancasterC5 at michigan.gov
Fri Jun 5 13:03:34 EDT 2020

Hello Summer Library Program Planners,
I know I've been sending out a lot of emails. So, I wanted to send one on summer library programming alone, just so it was all in one spot. Can you believe it's June already? Most of this is refresher information but I do have 1 new announcement: LM's got themed Reading Logs<https://bit.ly/LMlogs2020>!!!  Woo-hoo! Very exciting.  You can edit your library information in (or add a reading suggestions), then just print or email it to families. Don't forget, CSLP materials are available to all public libraries in Michigan thanks to IMLS.  If you don't have an account at www.CSLPreads.org<http://www.CSLPreads.org>, or forgot the manual access code, then please contact me.  Okay, here are those resources I wanted to highlight:

  *   CSLP National Summer Reading Champion is Carmen Agra Deedy and she has 2 PSA videos<https://youtu.be/iFDyKbKYw0c> as well as Facebook Stories<https://www.facebook.com/carmenagradeedy> (posted Fridays at Noon all summer long)!  Infographics<https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1wPamov4gKxukUhP4owBMDfLztRnMzKO4?usp=sharing> are also available for sharing her programs on social media.

  *   Teen Video Challenge: https://www.cslpreads.org/programs/teen-program/2020-teen-video-challenge/ - entries due August 7th. Great thing to encourage teens to get creative and maybe highlight how they "reimagined" this summer!

  *   The CSLP Toolkit for Social Media<https://gcc01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fdocs.google.com%2Fdocument%2Fd%2F1dTW-w2Mqe8cZ-mioFr0AfDnZV4A25ZEmVlVoT98MYb4%2Fedit%3Fusp%3Dsharing&data=02%7C01%7Clancasterc5%40michigan.gov%7C894d203e6d2e4d88e4c808d7aa82ca89%7Cd5fb7087377742ad966a892ef47225d1%7C0%7C0%7C637165351027547929&sdata=hS58b3VWWPNlxV%2FEYYv4yPs0lCsNZMQVLXIWslxMb8E%3D&reserved=0> for 2020's Summer Library Program - "Imagine Your Story!"  Please feel free to schedule social media posts on your library's social networks using the samples provided. Graphics are available in your digital manual under file folder 09 as "Social Media Files."  #ImagineYourStory and #LibrariesImagine are the official hashtags for 2020, plus in Michigan I encourage you to use #MiSummerReads.

  *   Read Up!<https://w3.michigan.gov/documents/libraryofmichigan/LM_2020_SFSP_Read_Up_Guide_689895_7.pdf> CSLP has created a guide for Summer Food Service Program sites<https://w3.michigan.gov/documents/libraryofmichigan/LM_2020_SFSP_Read_Up_Guide_689895_7.pdf> with enrichment activities that support summer reading, with support from the Library of Michigan and the Institute of Museum and Library Services.

  *   Reading Logs for editing: https://bit.ly/LMlogs2020. How do I edit a pdf? Answer: https://acrobat.adobe.com/us/en/acrobat/how-to/pdf-editor-pdf-files.html.

  *   2020 Updated CSLP Posters for printing in-house or at a local professional printer: http://bit.ly/LM2020CSLP. All additional artwork by the amazing children's illustrator LeUyen Pham, and support graphics, are found in the online manual.

  *   PSA's - there are some more generic PSA's<https://www.cslpreads.org/2019-psas/> from CSLP that may or may not work for your library during this unique summer.

  *   Early Literacy Playlist<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jhd2CFVTcfk&list=PLe3krHkVt7MaXzw65rsy9HUZbEwWQsPy5> - sing and play along with supports from the 2020 EL manual right on YouTube!

  *   MeL also has great #ImagineYourStory eResources and eBooks: https://bit.ly/MeLSummerReading

  *   Archived webinars<https://www.michigan.gov/libraryofmichigan/0,9327,7-381-88855_89737-301245--,00.html> from LM include "DIY Puppets and Props<https://youtu.be/-5lNFhT0UTQ>" with Jenifer Strauss recorded in May, and the Youth Services Advisory Council's "Imagine Your Story<https://youtu.be/WrHglCmfszI>," recorded in January.

  *   Online summer library programming platforms? LM contracts with Demco to offer your library a Wandoo Reader site, if you don't have an online platform please contact me. Wandoo Reader's themed game characters and CSLP banners are up and ready.

  *   A link to the Summer Library Program Survey will be posted to listservs in July. Details on the Q's for that survey coming soon, however the questions are always similar to your annual state aid report, so please keep track of your program numbers as always.

Thanks to CSLP and support from the Institute of Museum and Library Services.

I'm probably forgetting something, but I know how to find your inbox...
Have a great weekend and #ImagineYourStory!

Cathy Lancaster
Youth Services Coordinator
Library of Michigan
702 W. Kalamazoo St.