[Michlib-l] director search re-opened

Melissa Malcolm melissa at lib.lapeer.org
Wed Jun 10 11:08:06 EDT 2020

Hi all--

Today was supposed to be my first day of retirement, but alas, our first
attempt at finding a new director didn't work out and the board has
re-opened our job search with the help of a consultant this time.

The starting salary range has also been increased.

I have discovered during this time of great disruption that my opinions of
my board and staff are really not pie-in-the-sky.  Staff was paid while the
libraries were closed (thank you, Board!)  and now that we're starting
curbside pickup, I have staff so happy and excited to be back despite
operating in a totally new fashion.  I am one lucky woman to be working for
a few months longer with these wonderful humans.

New posting:
https://library.lapeer.org/about-us/employment/ldl-director-posting.pdf

Closing date is July 5 and electronic submission is required.  Please send
to me at melissa at lib.lapeer.org

Thanks!

melissa

--
Melissa A. Malcolm
Library Director
melissa at lib.lapeer.org
www.library.lapeer.org
810.664.9521 <callto:810.664.9521> ext. 3113
"If liberty and justice mean anything, then access means everything." --
Charles Ogletree