[Michlib-l] New Opportunities in Adult Programming, June 15 at 10am Eastern - Learn about MOOCs

Shannon White - Library of Michigan whites29 at michigan.gov
Wed Jun 10 16:55:00 EDT 2020

The New Opportunities in Adult Programming virtual meeting will return on Monday, June 15 at 10:00 am Eastern.

Next week we will hear from the University of Michigan's Bryan Maxey. He will be presenting on the topic of MOOCs, massive open online courses, and related issues such as how to access MOOC content in low-bandwidth areas, where to find free MOOCs on various platforms, and some samples as well.

To review the notes and find the recording link to all our New Opportunities in Adult Programming virtual meetings visit our Google folder here: https://bit.ly/lm-adult (includes chat logs)

We use the same link each time we meet and all the resources provided can be found in the Google document. You can add your own questions and tips to this as well to share with your colleagues.

Join us online or by telephone here:

https://michigan-host.zoom.us/j/98381393043?pwd=YkJJUkdGZFV5VEVvckVJY3g3R3huUT09     Password: 340524

Telephone: 216 706 7005 OR 8664345269 (US Toll Free) Conference code: 579192

We hope libraries continue to build on the skills and creativity that they have exhibited during the stay at home environment.  Creating new opportunities for library engagement in a virtual environment is still going to be necessary now and into the future.

On Monday we will also be looking for feedback on the date, time and frequency for this virtual meeting.  I need to move it away from Mondays and we want to hear how often you would like to have a virtual discussion around the topic of adult programming.

Please let us know if you have questions.

Shannon

Shannon White
Library of Michigan, 702 W. Kalamazoo, Lansing, MI 48909
Whites29 at michigan.gov<mailto:Whites29 at michigan.gov>  517-335-1507 | www.mi.gov/libraryofmichigan<http://www.mi.gov/libraryofmichigan>
Schedule: Tue-Fri, 8-5