[Michlib-l] MI Library Quest - virtual event for teens

Jennifer Perryman jperryman at milanlibrary.org
Thu Jun 11 12:42:21 EDT 2020

Hello!

You're invited to participate in MI Library Quest.

A newly-formed group of librarians from throughout the state has recently begun meeting to collaborate on virtual teen programming.  Our first project is MI Library Quest.

The MI Library Quest is a virtual summer program open to all teens in the state of Michigan designed to encourage them to explore libraries across the state of Michigan. Teens will locate codes on the websites of participating libraries, tell us what they found, and enter those codes in the Dragon Eradication Inventory (Google form). All entries with at least ## codes are eligible for a chance to win fun prizes.  (The number of codes required will be a percentage of participating libraries and will be determined after we have a final list of libraries.)

The premise of the Quest is helping King Thaddeus Brockwright the Third rid the kingdom of the dreaded bronze dragon. Codes on each library's website will include items needed to accomplish this challenge.  More information on the quest story is in the links below.

MI Library Quest details:

  *   The Quest will take place from July 1 through July 30.

  *   The deadline for libraries to sign up to participate is Wednesday, June 17.

  *   Information about MI Library Quest is in this video<https://michigan-host.zoom.us/rec/share/681VMI_x0n1OGZ3c0mLAapwGAoXjX6a81nRKqKEEzk6Cn21vV4pNtn9ZwGJeL3-V> of the MiYouth meeting this week.  The password is 7I.2 at Rz6<mailto:7I.2 at Rz6>.  The Quest presentation begins at about 16:15.

  *   A mock-up of the web page with information about the Quest is here<https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FaTuhk9lOzrrjXbSRo-xjHxI7djoZSXM/view?usp=sharing>.  The actual web page will be on the Library of Michigan's website and will be live on June 24.

  *   Guidelines and procedures for teens and participating libraries are here<https://docs.google.com/document/d/15-sZdLJUTAP6V6iqa2IicsCfuzTq8BpcVul1TENAG-c/edit?usp=sharing>.

Each participating library will:

  *   place the MI Library Quest image and a library-specific code on their website
  *   promote the event to their teens (Some promotional materials will be available from the Quest team.)
  *   award at least one prize to a teen who is from your library and completes the Quest

You are also invited to join our weekly meetings on Wednesday mornings at 11:00 on Zoom to collaborate on the Quest.  If you'd like to join, please email us at milibraryquest at gmail.com for the meeting link and password.

If your library would like to participate, please sign up here<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfEEBKJZONZ54aCnFHTJNFAf6hmdUjMqu0g6gkCpVHdU3TE-A/viewform> by Wednesday, June 17.

If you have any questions, please let us know at milibraryquest at gmail.com.

Thank you,
Jennifer Perryman