[Michlib-l] FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: KALAMAZOO PUBLIC LIBRARY REOPENS TO THE PUBLIC JUNE 22 WITH LIMITED SERVICES & HOURS

Farrell Howe FarrellH at kpl.gov
Mon Jun 15 11:27:51 EDT 2020

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
MONDAY, JUNE 15, 2020

CONTACT
Farrell Howe | Marketing & Communications Manager

Cell: (773) 680-0638

KALAMAZOO PUBLIC LIBRARY REOPENS TO THE PUBLIC JUNE 22 WITH LIMITED HOURS AND SERVICES
PATRONS CAN BEGIN RETURNING MATERIALS TO THE LIBRARY TODAY, JUNE 15, 12-6 PM

Kalamazoo, MI, Monday, June 15, 2020. Kalamazoo Public Library is excited to welcome back our patrons<https://www.kpl.gov/about/news/welcome-back-to-your-library/>!

Beginning June 15: Curbside Drop-Off
Patrons may return any materials they had checked out at their preferred KPL location. KPL staff will be onsite at each location to walk patrons through the drop-off process. Materials will be quarantined for 72 hours, cleaned, and returned to the shelf. Due dates for all materials have been extended accordingly. Please note, due to the quarantine process it will take a few days before your returns are reflected on your account. Thank you for your patience.

Curbside Drop-off Locations/Dates/Hours
Central Library<http://www.kpl.gov/cen> (CEN): Monday–Friday, 12–6 pm
Oshtemo<http://www.kpl.gov/osh> (OSH) | Alma Powell<http://www.kpl.gov/pow> (POW) | Washington Square<http://www.kpl.gov/wsq> (WSQ) | Eastwood<http://www.kpl.gov/eas> (EAS): Monday–Thursday, 12–6 pm

Beginning June 22: Limited Access
All KPL locations will be open with reduced hours and limited access to services.

Temporary Hours
CEN: Monday–Friday 10 am–6 pm, Saturday 10 am–2 pm
OSH: Monday–Thursday 11 am–6 pm, Friday 11 am–5 pm, Saturday 10 am–2 pm
POW|EAS|WSQ: Monday–Thursday 1–6 pm, Friday 1–5 pm, Saturday closed
All locations are closed on Sundays
What to Expect at Your Next Visit
Returning visitors will notice a few changes when they come to Kalamazoo Public Library. KPL prioritizes the safety of our patrons and staff and we have adapted our buildings to minimize the risk of exposure to potential illness. We have installed plexiglass at all service desks, 6-feet distancing markers, and limited available furniture. Our bathrooms have all been upgraded for touchless access. Our catalogs and computer equipment are covered in plastic that will be replaced after each use. KPL staff will regularly disinfect all high-touch surface areas. Hand sanitizer and wipes are available for public use. We hope these changes will make our patrons' visitor experience more comfortable.

To provide the best visiting experience for everyone, we ask patrons to abide by the following requirements:

  *   All patrons are required to wear a face-covering during their visit*. If you do not have one, a mask will be provided by KPL staff upon entry
  *   If you are experiencing any COVID-19 related symptoms<https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/symptoms-testing/symptoms.html>, please do not enter
  *   Patrons must maintain 6 feet of distance from one another
  *   Each location will only allow 25% of building capacity at one time
  *   Patrons will have 1-hour maximum to browse, use the computer and check out materials
  *   Quarantine and cleaning returned materials will impact hold times. As a result, patrons are limited to 10 checked-out materials on their account
  *   All printing must be picked up at the service desk
  *   Toys, puzzles and musical instruments will not be available in the children’s area
  *   Multi-use print publications including newspapers and magazines will not be available at this time
  *   Water fountains will be disabled. Patrons will have access to automatic water bottle fillers
  *   Hand sanitizer and wipes are available and the buildings are routinely cleaned by KPL staff

*Children under the age of 2 are not required to wear a mask. Patrons who are not able to wear a face-covering due to medical reasons will not be permitted in the building but will be provided with alternative service. More information regarding alternative services will be posted on June 22nd.

Welcome back Kalamazoo! We can't wait to see you.

####