[Michlib-l] Anti-Racism Resources List

Mary Jo Vortkamp mvortkamp at detroitpubliclibrary.org
Thu Jun 25 13:55:08 EDT 2020

Hi Team,

I'd like to share a new resource with you: the ACEs Connection Anti-Racism Resources List<https://www.acesconnection.com/g/aces-and-african-americans/blog/anti-racism-resources-list> culled from resources shared by Learn4Life,<https://learn4life.org/> Prevention Institute., <https://www.preventioninstitute.org/press/what-you-can-do-make-black-lives-matter> Rise Magazine<http://www.risemagazine.org/2020/06/rise-stands-with-the-black-community/>,<https://www.preventioninstitute.org/press/what-you-can-do-make-black-lives-matter> V<https://us4.campaign-archive.com/?u=9cf9dca43652f10fd0b2a494f&id=c4392aadbd>A TICN<https://us4.campaign-archive.com/?u=9cf9dca43652f10fd0b2a494f&id=c4392aadbd>, Vital Village<https://www.vitalvillage.org/about>, 10% Happier<https://www.tenpercent.com/>. and the ACEs Connection members and staff<https://www.acesconnection.com/>.

There are two sections that might be especially of interest:

Anti-racism work

Talking to Kids about Race and Racism

The link is here:  https://www.acesconnection.com/blog/aces-connection-anti-racism-resources
[https://www.acesconnection.com/fileSendAction/fcType/0/fcOid/499956434735901860/primaryPicture/true/fodoid/499956434736073729/imageType/LARGE/inlineImage/true/Anti%20racism%20Resources.JPG]<https://www.acesconnection.com/blog/aces-connection-anti-racism-resources>
ACEs Connection Anti-Racism Resources | ACEsConnection<https://www.acesconnection.com/blog/aces-connection-anti-racism-resources>
Hi everyone! We'd like to introduce our new ACEs Connection Anti-Racism Resources List c ulled from resources shared by Learn4Life, Prevention Institute., Rise Magazine , V A TICN , Vital Village , 10% Happier . and our own ACEs Connection members and staff . You can access them from this widget on the top right side of our home page or by clicking here.
www.acesconnection.com

>From The ACES Connection: https://www.acesconnection.com/   "ACEs Connection is a social network that recognizes the impact of a wide variety of adverse childhood experiences (ACEs) in shaping adult behavior and health, and that promotes trauma-informed and resilience-building practices and policies in all families, organizations, systems and communities. We support communities to accelerate the science of adverse childhood experiences to solve our most intractable problems. We believe that we can create a resilient world where people thrive"

Please feel free to share!

Mary Jo

(Please excuse any cross posting)

Mary Jo Vortkamp B.A., M.L.I.S.

Manager and Children's Librarian

Franklin Branch of the Detroit Public Library

13651 E. McNichols

Cell: 313-349-3129

Temporarily Closed By Executive Order "Stay Home, Stay Safe, Save Lives"

[DPL Logo]<http://www.detroitpubliclibrary.org>
Detroit Public Library Disclaimer

This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual(s) addressed in the message. If you are not the named addressee, you should not disseminate, distribute, or copy this e-mail. If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that disclosing, distributing, or copying this e-mail is strictly prohibited.