[Michlib-l] Cooking Demo Program Recommendation

Katie Rothley krothley at lyon.lib.mi.us
Wed Mar 4 14:08:38 EST 2020

Dear Michlib,

About four months ago or so, I saw a library recommend the Foreign Fork on Michlib, so I reached out and scheduled her for an event at Lyon Township Library. Last night, we had the pleasure of hosting Alexandria Drzazgowski, the Foreign Fork Food Blogger and Cook!

She was well-prepared, with everything prepped and all of the utensils and devices she needed, and arrived about an hour before our scheduled program start time to set up. Alexandria and her mom/assistant worked very hard throughout the event to ensure everything went smoothly. Our patrons were entertained, engaged in every part of the cooking process, and asked many questions. She brought more than enough samples for the group, and to be honest, I could have invited more of our community to join us because of the quantities (the rest of our library staff working last night were able to enjoy the remaining samples!) Alexandria also invited members of the audience to come up to the table and try making noodles from scratch or run the dough through her kitchen-aid attachments. One of our patrons shared that she was very glad she had attended because she had attempted to make noodles from scratch in the past with no success, and through recommendations, is confident she can successfully make them now!

Alexandria also emailed out the recipes to the group a few hours following the end of her cooking demo/class. She was very patient, funny, and prompt with everything she said she was going to do! We also received positive feedback from our attendees. She was a bit more pricey than we typically contract, but we weren't entirely sure just how many people to limit the class through registration. I'd definitely recommend registration and more than 10, although Alexandria commented that the smaller crowd was advantageous for Q&A and more personalized attention. So negotiating may be a good consideration when booking her! I'd also recommend a lavalier because the mixer was a bit loud. She and her mom also utilized our kitchen, so that is definitely a plus. But if you don't have one, then they really just need a microwave and sink.

If you're interested in contacting her, here is her contact information and blog address:

Alexandria Drzazgowski
The Foreign Fork
[ callto:248-345-5058 | 248-345-5058 ]
[ mailto:theforeignfork1 at gmail.com | theforeignfork1 at gmail.com ]
[ https://foreignfork.com/ | https://foreignfork.com/ ]

If you have any questions, I'd be delighted to answer them! Have a great day!

Sincerely,

Katie

Katie Rothley, MLIS
Marketing & Outreach Librarian