[Michlib-l] Post Corona Virus Clean-Up: Inquiring Boards Want to Know

Sara J. Armstrong armstrsj1 at udmercy.edu
Tue Mar 10 13:45:44 EDT 2020

This post was forwarded to me by a colleague.

My research indicates the virus may be active for 48 hours but they really don't know for sure.  Disaster preparedness materials suggest having all library materials returned to the book drop and not left at the circulation desk. This reduces the amount of transmission. Once or twice a day (depending on your traffic) someone will need to wear gloves and retrieve the materials from the box. Isolate them with bags or storage bins for at least 48 hours before returning them to circulation. The gloves should be disposed of and then hands washed thoroughly.

If anyone has better advice, I'd love to hear it. We're working on the same issues here at Detroit Mercy.

Sara Armstrong

[1474315849101_UDM]

Sara Armstrong, Associate Dean

For Technical Services, Library Systems and Archive Director

University of Detroit Mercy Libraries / IDS

4001 West McNichols Road

Detroit, MI 48221

313-993-1074

armstrsj1 at udmercy.edu