[Michlib-l] COVID-19 Measures @ WFBPL

Reed, Nyama N.Reed at wfblibrary.org
Wed Mar 11 15:59:06 EDT 2020

I know we are all scrambling with what to do and say, so passing on the public message we put out today.

https://www.wfblibrary.org/about/covid-19_measures.php

COVID-19 Measures

Dear Patrons,

The safety of our patrons and employees is a priority to Whitefish Bay Public Library (WFBPL). We are working to stay on top of this evolving COVID-19 situation by following guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control, WI Department of Health Services, and the North Shore Health Department.

Our current plan is to: 1) prioritize the safety and health of our staff and patrons; 2) continue serving your library needs for the time being; 3) plan ahead for changing circumstances.

  *   Centers for Disease Control & Prevention: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/
  *   Wisconsin Department of Health Services: https://www.dhs.wisconsin.gov/disease/covid-19.htm
COVID-19 (Coronavirus Disease 2019) | Wisconsin Department of Health Services<https://www.dhs.wisconsin.gov/disease/covid-19.htm>
www.dhs.wisconsin.gov
What is COVID-19? COVID-19 is the disease caused by a virus strain that began spreading in people in December 2019. Health experts are concerned because little is known about this new respiratory virus, and it can cause severe illness and pneumonia in some people.

  *   North Shore Health Department: https://www.nshealthdept.org/<https://www.dhs.wisconsin.gov/disease/covid-19.htm>

What can you do?

As the State of WI says:

Wash your hands. Cough into your elbow. Stay home if sick.

According to the most recent information from the CDC, for most people, the immediate risk of being exposed to the virus that causes COVID-19 is thought to be low. We encourage any concerned patrons, especially those in high-risk populations, to stay home if they are feeling ill or are simply concerned about potential exposure.

Please keep in mind, as a public space, the Library cannot guarantee a germ-free environment or germ-free physical materials. You need to consider if using library materials, or visiting the Library or other public spaces, is best for you and your family. As a reminder, the Library has many digital services available to you for free; check out our collections at https://www.wfblibrary.org/read_research/.

What is Whitefish Bay Public Library doing?

Library Cleaning: We want you to feel confident visiting WFBPL. We contract with an outside cleaning company which spends 3-5 hours cleaning the library each night. The cleaning company has added an EPA approved hospital-grade disinfectant for the elimination of Covid-19 and other infectious germs.  This product is used for sanitizing the bathrooms and high-touch areas such as counter and table tops, doorknobs, elevator buttons, computer keyboards and computer mice.

Library Materials Cleaning: Collection materials are not disinfected when they are checked-in or as they are browsed or used in-house due to limited resources and supplies.

Staff and Patron Hygiene: While supplies last, we are making hand sanitizer and wipes available to staff and patrons, plus we are encouraging frequent hand-washing by everyone.

Library Services: We are developing staffing and service models should we need to reduce services.

Next Steps: We are monitoring this developing situation closely, staying up-to-date on info from federal agencies, health organizations, and other experts.

We will continue to communicate any further impacts to WFBPL.

Thank you for working with us to keep WFBPL a healthy environment.

Nyama Y. Reed (she / her / hers)
Library Director
N.Reed at WFBLibrary.org

Have a wonderful day,
Nyama

Nyama Y. Reed (she / her / hers)
Library Director
N.Reed at WFBLibrary.org
414-755-6551 (direct line)

Whitefish Bay Public Library
5420 North Marlborough Drive
Whitefish Bay, WI 53217
414-964-4380 (main line)

Our Mission
The Whitefish Bay Public Library, as a cornerstone of the community, is dedicated to connecting people of all ages, inspiring a love of learning and providing easy access to ideas, information and resources.