[Michlib-l] FW: Tribal Libraries suspending services

Anne Heidemann AHeidemann at sagchip.org
Fri Mar 13 14:29:33 EDT 2020

From: Anne Heidemann
Subject: Tribal Libraries suspending services

Aanii,

With the Governor's closure of all schools in the State, the Saginaw Chippewa Tribal Libraries will be closing to support the greater community during this public health crisis.  We recognize this will be an inconvenience and apologize for the disruption in standard service. Our goal is to help keep all our community members safe during this highly communicable outbreak. All programs have been canceled through April 5.

The Tribal Libraries will be closed to the public starting Monday, March 16 and continuing through Sunday, April 5.

The Libraries will resume limited remote service on Monday, March 16 until Monday, April 6.  This may change as recommendations from local public health authorities are updated.  Limited service includes continued closure of the buildings to the public, with library staff assistance available via email, and all online resources including ebooks, e-audiobooks, streaming video<http://www1.youseemore.com/saginaw/contentpages.asp?loc=41>, and databases<mel.org> available using your internet-enabled device.

If you or your loved one do not yet have a library card but want to get one, we can issue you a card via email.

All items currently checked out will be automatically renewed until the end of April. Any materials you wish to return should be returned using the outdoor book drops at the Tribal Library and Tribal College Library. Though it is not possible to disinfect books, library staff will be taking precautions to limit exposure to returned materials, and those materials will be kept in isolation for a minimum of nine days, the length of time a recent study<https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0195670120300463?via%3Dihub> shows the COVID-19 virus to live on surfaces. We will not be moving items between library locations through the duration of this closure.

Satellite collections at Andahwod, Nimkee waiting room, 7th Gen, and the RV Park will not be monitored during this closure. The Little Free Library at Cardinal Pharmacy will not be monitored during this closure.

If you need assistance during this closure, please email aheidemann at sagchip.org<mailto:aheidemann at sagchip.org>.

If you wish to check out materials before this closure, the Tribal Library will be open until 6pm today, Friday, March 13.

We thank you for your understanding and flexibility as we do our best to ensure the safety of all community members during this public health crisis.

Miigwetch,
Anne

Anne Heidemann, Tribal Librarian
Saginaw Chippewa Tribal Gindaaso-gamik - Saginaw Chippewa Tribal Libraries
she/her/hers
aheidemann at sagchip.org<mailto:aheidemann at sagchip.org> - aheidemann at sagchip.edu<mailto:aheidemann at sagchip.edu> - 989-775-4519 - 989-317-4760 x240
www.youseemore.com/saginaw<http://www.youseemore.com/saginaw>
subscribe to our newsletter<http://www1.youseemore.com/saginaw/contentpages.asp?loc=52>