[Michlib-l] Adaptive Umbrella workshop rescheduled

Jen Taggart taggartj at btpl.org
Fri Mar 13 15:38:13 EDT 2020

[cid:image001.png at 01D5F94D.67FD7700]

March 13, 2020

Dear Adaptive Umbrella attendees:
We have been closely monitoring the developing situation with regards to the Coronavirus COVID-19 and are mindful of the health concerns of our speakers and attendees. We have decided to postpone the Adaptive Umbrella Workshop to September 23, 2020. This decision is made with an abundance of caution and knowing the inconvenience and disappointment this causes.  We feel that this is the best decision for the greater public health.  We are following the guidelines from government health agencies which advise against large gatherings of people and feel a responsibility to do our part to prevent the spread of this virus.

Our program, featured speakers, and panelists will resume as planned, and your current registration will remain active for September 23, 2020. If you are unable to attend on the rescheduled date, please contact taggartj at btpl.org<mailto:taggartj at btpl.org>. While we are disappointed we won't see you in April, we are looking forward to an amazing day of learning and collaboration this fall!
In the meantime, as a reminder, there are many online accessibility resources to check out, such as the many resources/tools available through the Michigan Alliance for Cultural Accessibility (MACA) https://www.miculturalaccess.org<https://www.miculturalaccess.org/>  and the new accessibility listserv MiLibAccess. You can subscribe to MiLibAccess here: http://lists.mcls.org/mailman/listinfo/milibaccess.

Thank you for your flexibility and understanding.

Jen Taggart, Assistant Department Head, Youth Services
Marian Rafal, Department Head, Youth Services
Ed Niemchak, Librarian, Adult Services

[cid:image002.jpg at 01D5F94D.67FD7700]

Jen Taggart
Assistant Department Head, Youth Services
Bloomfield Township Public Library
1099 Lone Pine Road
Bloomfield Township, MI 48302
(248)642-5800<tel:(248)%20642-5800>