[Michlib-l] The Schultz-Holmes Memorial Library in Blissfield Closed until April 13.

director at blissfieldlibrary.org director at blissfieldlibrary.org
Fri Mar 13 18:22:35 EDT 2020

While closing the library is a difficult decision, arrived at only after
investigating every other option, we find those other options to be partial
measures that continue to leave staff and patrons unduly exposed and
threatened. Therefore, the Schultz-Holmes Memorial Library is closed until
Monday, April 13 at 10:30 am. We will re-evaluate as we move though the
closure, but that is the current date to re-open. The building, including
restrooms, will be closed to the public. Staff will be on-site at least part
of each day the library is normally open. We will check the library
voicemail, email, and social media sites for messages. Patrons who have been
notified they have materials on hold to pick up, should call the library to
arrange to pick up the items. While the book drop remains open for patrons
to return borrowed items, all fines on items due between March 1 and April
30 are waived as long as the material is returned by June 1. Inter-library
loan is suspended until further notice. Auditorium rental is suspended until
further notice. We will contact those with rentals already scheduled after
April 13, if the plan changes and the library does not re-open by that date.
Programs are cancelled until the library re-opens. The library's online
services and collections are unaffected and remain operational to serve our
patrons. This status is the current one and may change. You may call the
library at 517-486-2858 and leave a message or email the library at
info at blissfieldlibrary.org. Thank you for your patience and understanding
during this time.

Bob Barringer, PhD

Director

The Schultz-Holmes Memorial Library

407 South Lane Street

Blissfield, MI 49228

517-486-2858

517-486-3565 (fax)

www.blissfieldlibrary.org <http://www.blissfieldlibrary.org>

Find us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram!