[Michlib-l] Buchanan District Library closed through April 5

M. Paulette m.paulette at buchananlibrary.com
Sat Mar 14 17:17:52 EDT 2020

Buchanan District Library will be closed to the public now through April 5 per the recommendation from MLA. Below is our message to patrons. Best of luck to all of you as we figure out how to best serve our communities during this crazy time!

------------------

Dear Patrons,

Today the Michigan Library Association released a statement recommending that all Michigan libraries close through April 5. While we are saddened about the idea of closing our doors for such a significant amount of time, we feel that we must follow this recommendation in the interest of public health.

During this closure, we want to do all we can to continue to provide services, therefore curbside pickup will be available from 9am to 6pm, Monday through Friday. You can reserve items online or call us at 269-695-3681 during these hours to arrange this service. We can also make arrangements for some home delivery or pick up outside of these hours, please call us to discuss the details. Remember also that you can access ebooks, audiobooks, and more through Overdrive and Libby! Call us if you have questions and we can walk you through the process.

For all items currently out, we will extend the due dates until we reopen. If you would like to return your items you can put them in our drop box or call us to arrange curbside pickup.

Please call us as well if you have questions or need help filling out the 2020 Census.

You can check our website, as well as Facebook and Instagram, for continued updates and resources. Please keep in mind that things could change based on recommendations from state and federal authorities. Thank you for your ongoing understanding and support for the library. We hope everyone stays safe and healthy!

Meg Paulette
Director
Buchanan District Library
269.695.1911