[Michlib-l] A couple work arounds

Reed, Nyama N.Reed at wfblibrary.org
Sun Mar 15 18:00:03 EDT 2020

Hello Everyone,

Here are a couple work-arounds we're putting out there for patrons. Check your ILL and see if patrons can reset a pin or get a new e-card via online. That will help them use digital resources while you are closed.

Also, I plan to leave our wifi on and promote than patrons can sit at the picnic table outside (it's at least in the 50s right now) or in their car at the curbside and use it with their own device. While that only helps those with their own device, I'm hoping it's "better than nothing."

Hello Everyone. Here is a post from the Milwaukee County Library System office regarding COVID-19 and digital resources available to you from the comfort of your home regardless of which MKE Co community you live in. http://www.mcfls.org/news-details.asp?ID=269

You just need an active library card and know you pin.

Go here is you need to: https://bit.ly/3aTz2mo
1. Reset your pin
2. Pay a fine over $5.01 to unblock your card (fyi, I am working with the system to increase the block level to $1000, so anyone with fines can still use digital resources during this time).
3. To apply for a brand new e-card, if you don't have one or you have an expired one. (since we can't renew traditional cards during this time, this is viable work around) The "new" e-card is only good for 30 days.

Have a wonderful day,
Nyama

Nyama Y. Reed (she / her / hers)
Library Director
N.Reed at WFBLibrary.org
414-755-6551 (direct line)

Whitefish Bay Public Library
5420 North Marlborough Drive
Whitefish Bay, WI 53217
414-964-4380 (main line)

[1578493400719]

Our Mission
The Whitefish Bay Public Library, as a cornerstone of the community, is dedicated to connecting people of all ages, inspiring a love of learning and providing easy access to ideas, information and resources.