[Michlib-l] Curbside Service in light of Governor's Executive Order 2020-9 Closing Libraries

Dave Ewick dewick at southfieldlibrary.org
Mon Mar 16 12:25:35 EDT 2020

We ended up deciding to NOT have any drive through services as we would
just end up bringing people out who may be sick, and sharing any germs
that might be on the materials.

We are trying to get patrons to hold onto what they have in the interest
of not spreading germs.

Our staff should not be put at risk, either.

Dave Ewick, Southfield PL

> On Mar 16, 2020, at 12:14 PM, Stanczak, Cindy via Michlib-l
<michlib-l at mcls.org> wrote:

> For discussion:
>
> Given this new executive order, what's the thought on curbside
delivery?  Note that the executive order includes " Places of public
accommodation subject to this section are encouraged to offer food and
beverage using delivery service, window service, walk-up service,
drive-through service, or drive-up service, and to use precautions in
doing so to mitigate the potential transmission of COVID-19, including
social distancing."

> Is curbside delivery in the spirit of the order?  Thoughts?
>
> Cynthia Stanczak, MLS
> Library Director
> Albion District Library
> 501 S. Superior St.
> Albion, MI  49224
> (517) 629-3993
>
> Albion District Library: Transforming Minds, Changing Lives.
> Proudly serving our community since 1919.
> Online at www.albionlibrary.org, or find us on Facebook!
>
> My working day may not be your working day. Please do not feel
obligated to reply to this email outside of your normal working hours.

“as soon as possible, but no later than 3:00 PM on March 16 and
continuing until March 30 at 11:59 PM.” The complete text of the
Executive Order can be found at:
https://content.govdelivery.com/attachments/MIEOG/2020/03/16/file_attachments/1401753/EO%202020-9.pdf