[Michlib-l] Survey: COVID-19 and Public Libraries

Stephen Bajjaly dx1042 at wayne.edu
Thu Mar 19 11:30:55 EDT 2020

Ask a Librarian

Your Question?:
Hello,

My name is Rachel Williams, and I am an assistant professor in the School of Library and Information Science at Simmons University.

I am conducting a survey that examines how public libraries are responding to the recent COVID-19 (Coronavirus) outbreaks across the world. According to the Centers for Disease Control, COVID-19 is "a new coronavirus that has not been previously identified" which causes illness that can spread quickly within communities. As the virus continues to spread, its impact on communities continues to grow. Public libraries are responding, and it is vital that we understand how public libraries are taking action right now.

We are interested in learning about how public libraries are responding, as well as how public library staff are individually handling this pandemic.

Here is a link to the survey: https://simmons.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_2ftJsOKHpgRDkEd

Would you mind sharing with your public libraries list serv? Please feel free to share the survey with other libraries and library staff. If you have questions about the research, please contact the principal investigator, Rachel Williams, at rachel.williams at simmons.edu<mailto:rachel.williams at simmons.edu>. If you have questions about your rights as a human subject, you may also contact the Human Protections Administrator in the Office of Sponsored Programs at Simmons University at irbprotocols at simmons.edu<mailto:irbprotocols at simmons.edu>.

Thank you,
Rachel Williams
Date:
03/18/2020