[Michlib-l] 2020 Loleta Fyan Small and Rural Library Conference FAQs

Atkin, Evette (MDE) AtkinE at michigan.gov
Thu Mar 19 15:18:22 EDT 2020

Greetings!

Below you will find responses to the most frequently asked questions regarding the Loleta Fyan Small and Rural Libraries conference.

REGISTRATIONS
I am an attendee. Do I need to cancel my conference attendee registration?

  *   No. All attendee registrations have been automatically cancelled by LM. There is nothing you need to do regarding your individual attendee conference registration.
I am an exhibitor. Do I need to cancel my exhibitor registration?

  *   No. All exhibitor registrations have been automatically cancelled by LM. There is nothing you need to do regarding your individual attendee conference registration.
I am a presenter. Do I need to do anything additional?

  *   No. All presenter registrations have been automatically cancelled by LM. There is nothing you need to do regarding your individual speaker conference registration.

LODGING RESERVATIONS
I am an attendee. Do I need to cancel my hotel room?

  *   MAYBE. If you called the hotel to make your reservation you should call the hotel to cancel because that meant you made a reservation outside of the conference room block. The hotel has canceled all reservations that were made through their online conference rate system. You can always contact the hotel at (231) 534-6000 to check if you are unsure.
I am a presenter. Do I need to cancel my hotel room?

  *   MAYBE. If you called the hotel to make your reservation you should call the hotel to cancel because that meant you made a reservation outside of the conference room block. The hotel has canceled all reservations that were made through their online conference rate system. You can always contact the hotel at (231) 534-6000 to check if you are unsure.

REFUNDS
How/when will I get my refund?

  *   Refunds will be processed automatically to the original form of payment (e.g. if a credit card was used, a credit will come back to the card. If a check was written, a refund check will be sent) for all attendee registrations, exhibitor booth/table rental and awards dinner attendees. Please be patient as we work to ensure that all registrants receive their refunds.

RESCHEDULING?
Will you be offering sessions online/rescheduling the conference?

  *   We don't have details yet about this possibility. We are discussing ideas to offer some of our special and keynote speaker content in an alternative online environment.  As soon as we know more, we will provide information to the library community.

We will continue to update this information at https://www.michigan.gov/fyanconference as we hear from libraries.

Evette M. Atkin
Continuing Education Consultant
Library of Michigan