[Michlib-l] Exemption letter

Seurynck, Anne ASeurynck at fosterswift.com
Wed Mar 25 12:21:59 EDT 2020

Regardless of whether a designation is specifically required, it would be recommended.  There would be no other way for a particular employee to know whether he/she should come in.  For the Library’s own operational needs, this information and the expectations for employees should be done in writing so everyone is on the same page about who is coming in and when.  Also, the designated employee should have a letter from the Library that identifies him or her as a person who is necessary for governmental operations in the event they are stopped by law enforcement.

Disclaimer:  This is not legal advice and you should consult your own attorney regarding this issue and the format of any letters.

Anne M. Seurynck
Attorney
Foster Swift Collins & Smith PC
1700 East Beltline, NE, Suite 200