[Michlib-l] Remote access of databases

John Robertson robertsj at libcoop.net
Mon Mar 30 10:10:29 EDT 2020

Hi Brian,

Our coopeartive (Suburban Library Coopeartive) talked to our ILS vendor
(Sirsi). After a patron logs into their library card account, a link is
displayed allowing database access. You may wish to contact your ILS
vendor to see if something like this can be done.

Demo here:
http://www.warrenlibrary.net/ancestry-library-edition-remote-access-available-for-limited-time/

---

John Robertson

Branch Librarian Supervisor - Arthur Miller Library
Warren (MI) Public Library
robertsj at libcoop.net
586.751.5377
warrenlibrary.net [1]

On 2020-03-27 19:35, Brian Johnston via Michlib-l wrote:

> Hello Everyone,
>
> One of the databases that we subscribe to in-house is temporarily offering remote access. They want to provide a link to use it, however, they've asked that the link be password or barcode protected. Do any other libraries have experience with this? If so, how did you do it?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Brian R. Johnston
> Adult Services Librarian
> Lincoln Township Public Library