[Michlib-l] COVID-19 Resources for Libraries

Shannon White - Library of Michigan whites29 at michigan.gov
Tue Mar 31 11:01:20 EDT 2020

The Library of Michigan has a COVID-19 resource page live now on our website at https://www.michigan.gov/libraryofmichigan/0,9327,7-381-88855_98256---,00.html

There are resources here that may be of help as you navigate your way through this time.  Below are the topics now found on the page.

  *   Legal Resources - new resources from LM or the federal level concerning open meetings, Families First, and more
  *   Communicating with Your Community - examples of two libraries that have done a nice job making information available for their patrons and residents
  *   FCC/E-Rate/Broadband - resources about keeping communities connected during this time
  *   Federal Resources - authoritative resources from the CDC, Library of Congress, IMLS and Department of Labor
  *   Managing Your Library - help for how to handle the situation at your organization
  *   State of Michigan Resources - state level resources related to Coronavirus and employment

The list is not all encompassing to include each and every resource that may be of use to a library but a few of the top resources or examples we have found. We encourage you to also look to your peers, professional associations, other state libraries, and similar communities that may also be posting helpful links and tools that may be applicable to you as well.

Don't forget the Library of Michigan staff are available for questions and calls. Please connect with us anytime. You can find our numbers and email here www.michigan.gov/reachthelibrary<http://www.michigan.gov/reachthelibrary>

Shannon

Shannon White
Library Development Manager
Library of Michigan, 702 W. Kalamazoo, Lansing, MI 48909
Whites29 at michigan.gov<mailto:Whites29 at michigan.gov>  517-335-1507 | www.mi.gov/libraryofmichigan<http://www.mi.gov/libraryofmichigan>

Follow us: Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/libraryofmichigan/> | Twitter<https://twitter.com/LibraryofMich> | Instagram<https://www.instagram.com/libraryofmichigan/>