[Michlib-l] Pickup lockers outside?

Kevin Hawley khawley at cityofeastlansing.com
Mon May 4 17:01:23 EDT 2020

Like many libraries, we're considering installing lockers outside for patrons to pick up items after hours (or while the library is open, if that's their preference). It's not a problem at this time of year, trying to work a locker when it's 4 degrees & windy is not a lot of fun. For those of you who have lockers outside your physical building, how do you handle this? Do you have lockers under an overhang, or inside a shelter? Do you just give up and move to Arizona? I'd love to hear your feedback, and I'd be happy to compile responses for those who are interested. Thanks!

Kevin Hawley
Circulation Supervisor
East Lansing Public Library
517-319-6943