[Michlib-l] New Opportunities in Adult Programming Virtual Meeting - May 18 at 10am Eastern

Shannon White - Library of Michigan whites29 at michigan.gov
Mon May 18 07:03:47 EDT 2020

This is a reminder that today we will be New Opportunities in Adult Programming virtual meeting at 10:00 am Eastern, today, Monday, May 18.

We had a great inaugural meeting last week with 300 of you for our new virtual meeting opportunity focused on adult programming. If you would like to join us next week, please check out the details below.

You can find notes for each week, a link to the meeting recording, and chat logs for each week in this google folder. bit.ly/lm-adult  (Recordings are available for a few weeks, but not permanently archived.)

On Monday we will hear from Don La Barre the Head of Special Collections at Alpena County George N. Fletcher Public Library. This library caught my eye because of their virtual programming during Preservation Week in late April. I thought hearing from Don would make a great topic for our next meeting on Monday. Don put together a variety of programs to celebrate Preservation Week. He will tell us how they pivoted from an idea they got from the PLA conference in February to in person plans then on to virtual programs.  We will learn what worked and what really didn't work out so well.  Thank you Don for being willing to share your ups and downs around this effort.

We will also follow up with how to and details on telephone programming. If you  have done telephone programming here in Michigan be sure to join in as well and tell us what you know.

The Library of Michigan is offering these virtual discussions to bring members of our library community together to learn and share with one another. We anticipate continuing this series with new guests and topics each week.

Be sure to visit out google document for our online notes, links, slides, & crowdsourcing at: bit.ly/lm-adult

There is no need to register for this virtual discussion, login here or just join us by telephone using the number listed below on Monday at 10:00 am Eastern.
Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://michigan-host.zoom.us/j/98381393043?pwd=YkJJUkdGZFV5VEVvckVJY3g3R3huUT09
Password: 340524

Or Telephone:  216 706 7005   OR   8664345269 (US Toll Free)
Conference code: 579192

If you have questions, please feel free to let me know.

We hope you can join us on Monday to listen and learn from our guests and share your own ideas.

Shannon White
Library of Michigan, 702 W. Kalamazoo, Lansing, MI 48909
Whites29 at michigan.gov<mailto:Whites29 at michigan.gov>  517-335-1507 | www.mi.gov/libraryofmichigan<http://www.mi.gov/libraryofmichigan>