[Michlib-l] Virtual Programming List - Help one another by sharing your awesome ideas!

Lissa Krull krulll at mcls.org
Wed May 27 19:03:55 EDT 2020

Earlier this month, during the MCLS Friday Dialogue on Virtual Programming, participants cited the things that make virtual programming exciting are: great participation, getting to see patrons, staff/staff interaction, and non-traditional patrons and people all over the country participating.

They even came up with the idea of working with other libraries to put on virtual programs together, since geography wasn't an issue!

To make virtual programming easier to implement, participants frequently mentioned that "someone" should start compiling a list of virtual programs in order to share resources and ideas.

We thought this was a great idea and created a document that will do exactly that.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1I2hyVCVoHR7VyKDLs6dQOUUGadu_nhCFOf-DzAEeN4I/edit?usp=sharing

But we need your help to make it work.

Can you imagine the number of virtual programming ideas that would be generated if each one of you reading this email submits just one idea?

Feel free to add programs you have done and ask others to share details about the virtual programs you have heard them do to the list.

We envision this as a work in progress. As the needs of the participants change, the document will change accordingly.

This type of collaboration only works if you are willing to be an active participant. Add your idea to the list today! No idea is too big or too small!

Based on what was said during our virtual programming dialogue, to start, the Google Sheets doc has been divided into the following categories:

AUTHORS/ILLUSTRATORS/WRITING
BOOK CLUBS
COOKING
CRAFTS
GAMES - OTHER
GAMES - TRIVIA
GARDENING
HEALTH/FITNESS
MUSIC
NON-VIRTUAL
SCIENCE/STEM
STAFF INTERACTION
TECHNOLOGY
OTHER

Each category has a color-coded tab at the bottom of the document and each individual category (sheet) has individual fields for you to describe your programs.

The first tab contains an index with links that will take you directly to the category you want to view.

For each program you add, please include the following:

Program type
Program name
Short description
Link
Library
Contact name
Contact information

We can't wait to see the list you create!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1I2hyVCVoHR7VyKDLs6dQOUUGadu_nhCFOf-DzAEeN4I/edit?usp=sharing

*** Don't forget our Dialogs don't just take place on Fridays. They have continued on an MCLS Virtual Dialogues #Slack workspace. If you’re interested in joining the workspace, please contact Pam Seabolt at seaboltp at mcls.org<mailto:seaboltp at mcls.org>.

Lissa Krull

Library Strategist

Engagement, Consulting, and Training

Midwest Collaborative for Library Services (MCLS)

(800) 530-9019 ext 126

krulll at mcls.org<mailto:krulll at mcls.org>

[signature_1643238427]<https://www.facebook.com/mcls.org>     [signature_1351144632] <https://twitter.com/mclsorg>       [signature_1026794060] <http://www.mcls.org/>