[Michlib-l] Job Share Role - Library Manager

Kelly L. Jordan klweber4 at SVSU.edu
Fri May 29 11:42:33 EDT 2020

Does anyone have experience with a job-share manager role in your library?  If so, please respond directly.

"In light of all that has transpired over the past few months, we are looking for library experienced staff to assist with guidance and implementation of many of the essential services we currently do not offer at our small, rural library.  We know that once we reopen and if school this Fall cannot resume as normal, they will be more critical than ever.  We have a very small staff with the passion and desire to assist our patrons and help carry out the services, but we lack the hands-on experience to bring us up to speed quickly.

I know that our library needs to evolve so that our community continues to see the value, but I am already struggling to not only find the guidance, but to maintain my own work/life balance.  (Granted, we all know the stresses of this pandemic haven't helped.)  I am currently working on a co-manager / job-share proposal to share with my City Manager, but was hoping there may be others out there who have maneuvered these muddy waters before."

Thank you for your help.

Kelly